Selling is typically a much more emotional process than it's counter part of buying. Its hard to say good bye to a house that has been your home for sometime.
Determining your urgency to sell will most certainly become a factor into how your house will sell. Below are some factors that should be considered when listing as they can have an influence on how well your house will sell on the market:
Whats your reason for selling?
What's your price range?
What's the house's location?
What's the condition of your house?
How big is it? (Sq. Ft / Acres)
What style/design is your house?
How much accessibility does it have?
Now that you've figured out your reason for selling, the next step is to find the right realtor that fits your needs to help you sell your house as smoothly as possible.
Below is a link to why you should choose our agents:
Our agents will provide you with advice on the price to consider selling your house at, using supporting comparisons of other properties that have sold in your area.
It is important to keep these in mind:
1. Over Pricing may cause a smaller pool of potential Buyers and pro long it's time on the market which can result in less offers being submitted.
2. Under Pricing my cause you to lose money on your investment and leave Buyer's to think they can submit low offers as they perceive there to be something wrong with the house since it is at such a low price.
The condition of your property plays a crucial factor into how fast your property will sell. It all boils down to first impressions when it comes to beating out the competition in your neighborhood.
To make sure your house has great curb appeal:
-Cut the grass regularly and keep clutter to a minimum.
-Wash the exterior including the windows and gutters.
-Paint the exterior if need be (door, trimming, fence, etc.)
-Paint any dark rooms with light colors to help brighten them up and appease to the eye.
- Wash windows, walls, counters, etc.
- Keep clutter to a minimum, if possible, none at all.
You've decided on the price you'd like to sell your house at and made any changes to help better your property's condition, so now it's time to list it on the market.
Your realtor will list your property up on the MLS state database, but first, these need to be done:
1. Staging: Whether you prefer to stage or not, is up to you, but it typically helps the house sell faster. Minimal is key.
2. Pictures: Your house should be cleared out of all personal items that will not help to sell the house. Our realtors will come in to take photos that will be included in all of the marketing.
Your property is live on the market, Buyers have walked through it, and offers are pouring in.
Your realtor will keep you well informed on this activity and when it comes time to decide on who's offer you will accept, our agents will ensure you completely understand all your options so you can make the best decision that fits your needs.
You've made your decision on who's offer you'd accept, they accept as well so now it is time to go to closing!
We are at the "Home stretch" of things. Ensuring that nothing major has happened to your properties, the closing should go smoothly with the assistance of your realtor.
They will make sure you clearly understand what you are agreeing to and what you are signing when it comes time to fill out & review the paperwork.
The closing was a success and both parties are satisfied.
You can finally close this chapter of your life and move onto the next!
If your searching for your new dream home, below is a link to start looking:
Sign up to tune in to all our real estate news. Don't miss out on the market changes!